Girls and steroids
Using steroids – whether to change your appearance or to affect your performance at a sport – is cheating. Many young people have achieved their goals through hard work and discipline.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers the following tips to help you build strength naturally.
• Train safely, without using drugs.
• Eat a healthy diet.
• Get plenty of rest.
• Set realistic goals and be proud of yourself when you reach them.
• Seek out training supervision, coaching, and advice from a reliable professional.
• Avoid injuries by playing safely and using protective gear.
• Talk to your pediatrician about nutrition, your health, preventing injury, and safe ways to gain strength.
If you, your friends, or teammates are using steroids, get help. Share the information on this Web page. Take a stand against the use of steroids and other drugs.
Truly successful athletes combine their natural abilities with hard work to win. There is no quick and easy way to become the best.
For more information, contact these organizations:
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Web site: http://www.nida.nih.gov/
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)
Web site: http://www.health.org
© Copyright 2015 Blake Works Inc.