A story of addiction
Words Can Work offers these facts about anabolic steroids.
• Anabolic steroid use can lead to aggression and other psychiatric side effects including extreme mood swings. 1
• Researchers report that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.1
• The prevalence of lifetime illegal steroid use among 9th grade female students is 7.3 percent, up from 1.4 percent in 1993. 2
• There has been a 50 percent increase in the number of teens who have tried steroids since 1991.3
• Over 90 percent of high school students view steroid use as dangerous.3
• Teen steroid users are more likely to use alcohol and illegal drugs, practice risky sex, and engage in suicidal behavior. 4
Next >> Find the answer
1. American Journal of Psychiatry
2. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
3. National Institute on Drug Abuse
4. Sociology of Sport Journal
© Copyright 2015 Blake Works Inc.