Drinking and driving
The facts show why it's important to start talking early about the risks of underage drinking. Remind young people that speaking up when a peer is impaired can save lives.
• The average age kids first use alcohol is 11 for boys and 13 years old for girls. 1
• More than twelve percent of persons ages 12 or older drove under the influence of alcohol at least once during the past year. 2
• The majority of teen drivers say that they would stop driving under the influence of alcohol (94%) or marijuana (90%) if asked by a passenger. 3
• Teen passengers say they would be significantly more likely to ask a peer to stop driving after drinking than after using marijuana (87% vs. 72%). 3
• Female passengers are more likely to speak up against either driving behavior than boys (90% vs. 83% for alcohol; 78% vs. 65% for
Next >> Find the answer
2. 2008 SAMHSA, NHTSA
Copyright 2015 Blake Works Inc.